i guess i've spent so much time longing for new orleans that i'd forgotten about my love of austin. being there was fantastic. i was worried that it would've changed enormously in 7.5 years. not so much. large areas remain almost exactly the same. las manitas may be gone but magnolia remains so breakfast tacos and migas were consumed many times. bookpeople is still as great as i remember it and amy's mexican vanilla ice may have been even more delicious than i remember. and seeing caroline and greg was awesome. it was hot and sunny and the sky is still enormous. its not something i actually think i could explain but there is a vastness that you don't get here, or really anywhere. i hope to see it again soon.
shana is a wearer of knee socks, lover of pie, horror movies and shiny things. she writes about horror and other things, makes pie and shiny things in portland, oregon, where she lives with her husband, shawn (aka shampton). she is the vintage jewelry and yoyo obsessed woman behind the cookoorikoo curtain. email me at email@example.com.
- @michelemaule Its right over there. Behind that thing. — 1 year 9 weeks ago
- @michelemaule yay for sleep! — 1 year 9 weeks ago
- @pollymarie i always love her but really, she is exceptional in this. i always forget and am totally blown away. again. — 1 year 9 weeks ago
- @FQSecretAgent thanks. :) — 1 year 9 weeks ago
- Is there anything better than Stockard Channing in Six Degrees of Separation? — 1 year 9 weeks ago
on the hi-fi(Pod)
Sign up for e-mail updates on everything shampton!