i received the lovliest package in the mail a few days ago. it was from a favorite customer/friend, liz, and it was fabric scraps, all asian or japanese prints - which are some of my favorites for yoyo making purposes. the prints are richly detailed and the color combinations are often unusual but almost always gorgeous. when i was sorting through this pile of fabric later that evening, i felt drunk, overcome with possiblities. i immediately started to dig through my silk bin for matching fabrics. before i knew it i had designed 7 or 8 different necklaces. The one in the picture is my favorite so far but who knows? there's a lot more fabric to go through. thanks again, liz
shana is a wearer of knee socks, lover of pie, horror movies and shiny things. she writes about horror and other things, makes pie and shiny things in portland, oregon, where she lives with her husband, shawn (aka shampton). she is the vintage jewelry and yoyo obsessed woman behind the cookoorikoo curtain. email me at email@example.com.
- @michelemaule Its right over there. Behind that thing. — 35 weeks 6 days ago
- @michelemaule yay for sleep! — 35 weeks 6 days ago
- @pollymarie i always love her but really, she is exceptional in this. i always forget and am totally blown away. again. — 35 weeks 6 days ago
- @FQSecretAgent thanks. :) — 35 weeks 6 days ago
- Is there anything better than Stockard Channing in Six Degrees of Separation? — 35 weeks 6 days ago
on the hi-fi(Pod)
Sign up for e-mail updates on everything shampton!