@pixelparty on twitter:
missing wife, dog & charmin ultra. shanas cookies remind me of home
so much I want to eat them all right now! must be strong.
this broke my heart a little and then made me happy. of course cookies are like home. is there anything as comforting?
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups salted whole peanuts
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
Put sugars, butter, and peanut butter in the bowl of an electric
mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale
and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low. Add oat mixture, and mix until just combined. Mix in peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop balls of dough 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown
and just set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 5
minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Cookies can
be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 days.