going to joann's was ill advised. yes, i needed fleece. and yes, i wanted to buy shanny's present. so, i went about my business, collecting all the colors of fleece on my list. unfortunately, the fleece is along where the customers were lining up to check out. most were nice. some were not. the line at the cutting table was almost nonexistent strangely enough. the woman at the cutting table did let out the most exasperated sigh when she saw my cart-full of fabric bolts. c'est la. i said thank you repeatedly, procured shanny's gift and got in line. the very, very, very long line. i stood in line for a good half an hour. and again, most people in line were nice. some were not. a few were very loudly complaining about the lenght of the line. HELLO?! its two weeks before chanukah, 3 weeks before christmas - WHAT do you expect? we're all in this crazy crafty world together people - play nice! so, in order to block out their cries i started to look at all the fabric i was purchasing. and then i started to panic. how the hell am i going to get this all done? am i insane? seriously deranged? all this and baking and food for xmas day and new years? have i completely lost my mind?
shana is a wearer of knee socks, lover of pie, horror movies and shiny things. she writes about horror and other things, makes pie and shiny things in portland, oregon, where she lives with her husband, shawn (aka shampton). she is the vintage jewelry and yoyo obsessed woman behind the cookoorikoo curtain. email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- @michelemaule Its right over there. Behind that thing. — 1 year 8 weeks ago
- @michelemaule yay for sleep! — 1 year 8 weeks ago
- @pollymarie i always love her but really, she is exceptional in this. i always forget and am totally blown away. again. — 1 year 8 weeks ago
- @FQSecretAgent thanks. :) — 1 year 8 weeks ago
- Is there anything better than Stockard Channing in Six Degrees of Separation? — 1 year 8 weeks ago
on the hi-fi(Pod)
Sign up for e-mail updates on everything shampton!