- < this odd thing i did (or how i came to be in possesion of lola's teeth)
- | main |
- supplies were meant to be used. >
we've developed a bit of a sorbet habit in our house. we've made a couple batches of peach, watermelon and blueberry. its all so refreshing and perfect for a hot summer night snack.
the blueberry has been my fave so far.
here's the recipe:
- 3 pints fresh from the farmers market ripe blueberries (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz. st. germain
- in a medium sauce pan, mix the blueberries, sugar, water and salt. bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. continue to cook, stir and mash the berries for about 25-30 minutes. remove from heat.
- add the lemon juice.
- process the berries in a blender, food processor or with an immersion blender.
- let cool.
- add the st. germain and mix thoroughly.
- chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- freeze in your ice cream maker according to
the manufacturer's instructions.